This week in history: 8th March – 14th March

An image of Jon Hamm at the Oscars in a suit and tie.

Image via IMDB

Fargo was released written, edited and directed by Joel and Ethen Coen.  The American crime/black-comedy went on to gain seven Academy awards nominations including two wins for best screenplay Joel and Ethen Coen and Best Actress in a Leading Role (Francis McDormand.

Actor Jon Hamm was born on March 10th star of Mad Men and the upcoming Disney film, Million Dollar Arm.

March 13 2005, Disney announces Robert Iger as the new chief executive. He oversaw Disney’s acquisition of Pixar Studios in 2006, Marvel Studios in 2009 and Lucasfilm in 2012 which lead to the reinvigoration of the Star Wars franchise

The words 'Star Wars' with a gold outline on a black background

Image via screenrant.com

.

About Adam Burt

I love going to the cinema, I am always the first in line to see the latest release. I love drama, The Impossible is one of my favourite films although I am partial to action, comedies and thrillers. IMDB is the website which I visit most and I enjoy reading up on all the trivia behind the making of films. My favourite book is To Kill A Mockingbird and I also think that this is a great film. The last film that I watched was The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, I thought it was fantastic as Jennifer Lawrence is my favourite actor at the moment. In my spare time I love to catch up on my American TV shows particularly Homeland and Scandal.