Events, offers and releases 3/2/14

Mr Peabody, Sherman and Penny in Egyptian dress

Image via http://www.awn.com/

This week will show a number of big film releases in the UK, ranging from an all out action remake to a charmingly hilarious animated family flick.

On the 7th, Robocop, Mr. Peabody and Sherman, The Invisible Woman and Dallas Buyers Club all hit cinemas around the country. Joel Kinnaman, playing the titular robot policeman, will reinvigorate the ageing classic and give pre-valentine’s cinema-goers something to kickstart the month.

For something a little more dramatic, check out The Invisible Woman starring Ralph Fiennes. Taking on the tale of Charles Dickens’ secret lover, this film could give something a little more couple friendly.

Heading to a Showcase cinema this week? Insider members can enjoy a mouth-watering 10″ pizza for just £5, and grab a large Tango Ice Blast to go along with it for the price of a medium drink!

About Josh Russell

A snapshot of me. A complete and unashamed Tarantino fanboy, maybe except for From Dusk Till Dawn, with a fervour for the horrific and the scientific. I rely on a balanced diet of film and novel to keep me entertained and I can’t help giving myself nightmares. The most memorable of these books was probably IT by Stephen King, along with its movie counterpart. When I’m not terrifying myself, I’m mostly playing video games and spending way too much money on guitars. The last film I watched was The Matrix, again. Can’t help myself. When I have a spare 10 minutes I usually find myself wasting my life away on Buzzfeed. Seriously, I can’t stop, it’s a problem. I’m also worryingly obsessed with the lyrical and musical genius of Phil Collins. Complete guilty pleasure right there.