5 facts about The Golden Globe Statuette.

The Golden Globe Award

The Golden Globe Award Statuette, a golden globe sat on top of a granite base.

Golden Globe Award Statue. Credit HFPA

Official Name – Golden Globe Award

Height – 10¾ inches

Weight – 5½ pound

Designer – Society Awards, New York

• Each Golden Globe Award is individually hand-finished and presented in red velvet lined, leather bound chest with the Hollywood Foreign Press Association logo stamped in gold.
  • It has a 24-karat gold-plated zinc die cast top.
  • Society awards redesigned the statuette in 2008 to give it a new marble base and adjust the metal top to improve durability and aesthetics.
  • The top of the award is a globe wrapped in a film strip.
  • The marble for the stand is sourced from Europe and each individual award is hand carved to perfection.

About Adam Burt

I love going to the cinema, I am always the first in line to see the latest release. I love drama, The Impossible is one of my favourite films although I am partial to action, comedies and thrillers. IMDB is the website which I visit most and I enjoy reading up on all the trivia behind the making of films. My favourite book is To Kill A Mockingbird and I also think that this is a great film. The last film that I watched was The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, I thought it was fantastic as Jennifer Lawrence is my favourite actor at the moment. In my spare time I love to catch up on my American TV shows particularly Homeland and Scandal.