The Golden Globe Award
Official Name – Golden Globe Award
Height – 10¾ inches
Weight – 5½ pound
Designer – Society Awards, New York
- Each Golden Globe Award is individually hand-finished and presented in red velvet lined, leather bound chest with the Hollywood Foreign Press Association logo stamped in gold.
- It has a 24-karat gold-plated zinc die cast top.
- Society awards redesigned the statuette in 2008 to give it a new marble base and adjust the metal top to improve durability and aesthetics.
- The top of the award is a globe wrapped in a film strip.
- The marble for the stand is sourced from Europe and each individual award is hand carved to perfection.