Events, offers and releases 21/04/14

Releases

This weeks new film releases are a bit thin on the ground, but there are two films that might give you a fun night out after a long week at work.

Leslie Mann, Nicki Minaj, Cameron Diaz and Kate Upton in a still from the file 'The Other Woman'

Image via filmblerg.com

The Other Woman – This rom-com stars Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, and Kate Upton a group of woman who realise that they are all being played by the same guy. They then decide to team up to get revenge on the three-timing husband/lover, Phil, played by Taylor Kinney.

Expect a light-hearted, female empowerment comedy with plenty of laughs. Perfect for night out with the girls.

Johnny Depp holding a microphone in a still from the film, 'Transcendence'.

Image via movpins.com

Transcendence – Imagine if you could relocate your consciousness into a computer so that you could live forever as a machine, creepy right? Well that’s what you’ll see Johnny Depp go through in this science-fiction drama starring Rebecca Hall and Morgan Freeman. Produced by Christopher Nolan, this film is sure to have all the cinematic spectacle you love from the Dark Knight Trilogy.

Offers

We all know going to the cinema can be expensive, but it doesn’t have to be, if you know where to go and when to go, you can have a great night out for only £10.

OdeonOrange Wednesdays, if you’re on the EE network, simply text FILM to 241 for your buy one get one free voucher code each and every Wednesday.

CineworldTake 2 offer, if you have missed out on some of the years biggest releases at the cinema, Cineworld, every month, re-release film at a discounted rate of £10 for two tickets plus popcorn.

About Adam Burt

I love going to the cinema, I am always the first in line to see the latest release. I love drama, The Impossible is one of my favourite films although I am partial to action, comedies and thrillers. IMDB is the website which I visit most and I enjoy reading up on all the trivia behind the making of films. My favourite book is To Kill A Mockingbird and I also think that this is a great film. The last film that I watched was The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, I thought it was fantastic as Jennifer Lawrence is my favourite actor at the moment. In my spare time I love to catch up on my American TV shows particularly Homeland and Scandal.