Events, offers and releases 16/12/13

News Team standing in a line

The biggest film release this week has to be on the 18th, with Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues. In this comedy epic, everyone’s favourite news team take on marriage, parenting and just as many hilarious situations as the last instalment.

For something a little more silly, check out The Harry Hill Movie. Releasing on 20th December, it revolves around a make-believe version of Harry Hill’s adventures with his “diesel drinking nan and misdiagnosed hamster”.

Also, two Showcase Insider members can treat themselves to Thor: The Dark World in glorious 3D for just £8! Get on over to your local Showcase cinema before the 19th of this month to catch your last chance!

About Josh Russell

A snapshot of me. A complete and unashamed Tarantino fanboy, maybe except for From Dusk Till Dawn, with a fervour for the horrific and the scientific. I rely on a balanced diet of film and novel to keep me entertained and I can’t help giving myself nightmares. The most memorable of these books was probably IT by Stephen King, along with its movie counterpart. When I’m not terrifying myself, I’m mostly playing video games and spending way too much money on guitars. The last film I watched was The Matrix, again. Can’t help myself. When I have a spare 10 minutes I usually find myself wasting my life away on Buzzfeed. Seriously, I can’t stop, it’s a problem. I’m also worryingly obsessed with the lyrical and musical genius of Phil Collins. Complete guilty pleasure right there.