Events, offers and releases 25/11/13

A movie still from the new film 'Free Birds' featuring two animated turkeys running.

Image via IGN

In Cinemas – Friday 29th November

Saving Mr Banks – For over 20 years Walt Disney sought the rights to the now much beloved Mary Poppins, and for over 20 years author P. L. Travers refused. Starring Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson, Saving Mr Banks explores that difficult relationship between these two big characters and their journey from book, to music, to script and eventually to the big screen. For any die hard Disney fan this film will not fail to disappoint and shed some light on the method behind the magic.

Free Birds - Two turkeys from opposite sides of the tracks must put aside their differences and team up to travel back in time to change the course of history – and get turkey off the holiday menu for good. With voice talents from Owen Wilson, Amy Poehler and Woody Harrleson. Now with the nights drawing in, this is the perfect film to entertain the kids on those cold winter nights.

Carrie - If you’re looking for something a bit different, or enjoy the occasional thrill check out this new release. Chloe Grace Moretz (Kick-Ass) stars as the title character in this re imagining of the classic horror tale. A shy girl outcast by her peers and sheltered by her deeply religious mother, who unleashes telekinetic terror on her small town after being pushed too far at her senior prom. Co-starring Julianne Moore.

About Adam Burt

I love going to the cinema, I am always the first in line to see the latest release. I love drama, The Impossible is one of my favourite films although I am partial to action, comedies and thrillers. IMDB is the website which I visit most and I enjoy reading up on all the trivia behind the making of films. My favourite book is To Kill A Mockingbird and I also think that this is a great film. The last film that I watched was The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, I thought it was fantastic as Jennifer Lawrence is my favourite actor at the moment. In my spare time I love to catch up on my American TV shows particularly Homeland and Scandal.